New for the The Official Rock Chart
The New Friday Night Rock Show will be the appointment to view on VH 1. It’ll be a chance for all those rock fans out there to come home and forgive and forget. Stepping into the shoes of the legendary Tommy Vance our host Ian Camfield of XFM is the new trusted authority on what is rock and what is not.
With a nod to the classics (AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Alice Cooper) The Rock show aims is to give fans the latest videos and inside news on what’s happening in the world of rock. Attracting fans young and old, this show delivers the whole spectrum from nu/ death and doom metal, hardcore, punk and classic old school rock.
here is the updated Rock Show schedule:
1st December – Taking Back Sunday
8th December – Slayer
15th December – Iron Maiden Special from Stockholm
22nd December – Mastodon and Bullet For My Valentine Xmas Special (inc. Bad News video!)
This show will broaden the horizons of the genre by covering every aspect of it. Whether it’s a report from Donnington or a Red Hot Chilli Peppers Gig Guide. We will be delivering all the news from the world of Rock, from the latest DVD releases to Tour news, Album Reviews, Interviews, Competitions and live music.
Loyalty to the show will be built via email and the web site and once a month control is handed over to the fans whose requests create that week’s program
In a typical Rock Show you’d find:
• Rock News – a round up of all the news presented by our host with roll ins.
• Guest Interviews- Whether it’s new up and coming rockers or the legendary rock stars of yesterday we invite them to come in and have a chat.
• Gig Guides- We give you all the latest information of the up and coming gigs and Festivals. (this could be sponsored)
• Album Reviews. We all want to be information rich even if we’re time poor…here we do all the work for you.
• Viewers Choice- Viewers email us with their favourite tracks and once a month control is handed over to the fans whose requests create that week’s program.
• The Big Performance- When artists come in and do live performances, if they’re relevant, they’re in.
• Competitions- We only give it away if it rocks.
• The Rock Chart- We give you a weekly chart run down of the top 5 rock albums.